What is Snappy Words visual English dictionary?
It’s an online interactive English dictionary and thesaurus that helps you find the meanings of words and draw connections to associated words. You can easily see the meaning of each by simply placing the mouse cursor over it.
Why use Snappy Words visual dictionary?
- Easy to use dictionary and thesaurus.
- Learn how words associate in a visually interactive display.
- Get ideas to help write content for your blog, article, thesis or simply play with words!
- No registration required.
- No limit on number of searches. Look up as many words as you need anytime.
- No software installation needed. All you need is an internet connection and a browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and others).
- It’s free and fun!
How do I use it?
Type words in the search box and click Go or simply hit Enter. Once the words branch off the main query, you can double click a node to find other related words. To explore the features:
Place the mouse cursor over a word to view the meaning.
Double click a node from the branch to view other related words.
Scroll the mouse wheel over words to zoom in or out. This helps you see more
associations or view words and meanings more clearly.
Click and drag a word or branch to move it around and explore other branches.
What dictionary does Snappy Words use?
The Snappy Words interface queries the WordNet lexical database developed by Princeton University and made available for students and language researchers. This dictionary groups synonyms into synsets through lexical relations between terms. These meanings and semantic relationships are revealed graphically by the interactive web technology made available by Snappy Words.